All the Aditya Group Companies share a common vision of working together to create social value and make a positive difference to the consumers and communities we serve.
Our business is committed to provide a safe environment to the stake holders especially to the society in the vicinity. We stride to be more responsible and sustainable than many in the field. We hold ourselves to larger ethical, moral and societal values and we benchmark ourselves to best-in-class companies globally.
The company’s commitment of transforming into sustainable Business is fortified by the Aditya Birla Group’s three core strategic dimensions of Sustainability Model.
Create a framework to move towards international standards and mitigate our impact on ‘Externalities’
Gain knowledge to understand how fast ‘External Factors’ will change and when disruptions will occur.
Including our supply chain – Modify our strategic business plan to include additional mitigation and adoption to changes in ‘External Factors’
Our products are 100% natural origin produced from soft wood pulp of sustainable and traceable forestry.
Corporate social responsibility
We are committed to improve the quality of life, foster sustainable development and to uplift the socio-economic status in the nearby communities. Currently, the CSR activities at Grasim Fashion yarn business, span across 29 villages in Gujarat and in localities near Shahad, Maharashtra, reaching out to more than 96,000 people. We also carry out several activities in coordination with various NGO’s, banks and government bodies.
We are constantly working on five key focus areas; Education, Health Care, Sustainable Livelihood, Infrastructure Development and Social.
- Century Rayon High School - Century Rayon High School is managed by the company (through Century Rayon Education Society) and imparting education to more than 5,000 children.
- B.K. Birla Public School, Kalyan is premier institution founded in 1998 under KCES, offering high quality education emphasizing on all round development of students through best benchmarked practices.
- B. K. Birla College of Arts, Science and Commerce (Autonomous), Kalyan a multi faculty premier institution of higher learning, with an enrolment of more than 7,000 students (for UG, PG and Research Programs) is affiliated to the University of Mumbai
- Providing merit award to outstanding performers in the board exam and providing learning material like notebooks, bags, study materials etc. to school children.
- Century Rayon Trust Hospital - Hospital is set up to provide quality Health Care at affordable rates and has a fine team of qualified resident doctors which include full time Physician, Surgeon, Gynaecologist, along with Anaesthetists and Pathologist, dedicated nursing staff with caring and efficient ward staff.
- Aditya Birla hospital, Veraval – 65 bed multi-speciality hospital equipped with 4 ICU and 2 NICU beds, 4 Isolation beds, 24x7 emergency services, casualty services, investigations, pharmacy etc. Qualified staff which includes Physician, Gynaecologist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, General Surgeon, Paediatrician, Pathologist, and trained nurses.
- Rural Medical Service - Providing bi-weekly medical service in nearby villages and localities. During FY 2018-19, 9500+ patients were reached through our rural medical service program.
- Healthcare services – General medical camps, Pulse polio immunization drive, eye check-up camps, nutrition kit distribution to pregnant women etc.
- Farmers Training Program - Under Farmers Training Program, during FY 19 total 543 farmers were given training on various aspects of agriculture for increase output. These programs were conducted in coordination with Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Kodinar, Farmers Training Centre (FTC) Junagadh, Gujarat State Fertilizers Company (GSFC) & Government Agriculture Departments.
- Tailoring Program – During FY 19, 100+ women were trained for stitching under tailoring training program. After completion of the training, financial aid was given to nearly 25 trainees for purchasing sewing machines. To provide market linkages, exhibition cum sell stalls were installed in Anand Mela organized by Sumangal Mahila Mandal.
- Animal Treatment Camp - In coordination with Animal Husbandry Department, Government of Gujarat, Jan Seva Trust has organized animal treatment camps. During FY 19, nearly 2,300 animals were treated during the camps and 100+ beneficiaries were benefitted through artificial insemination program.
- Social Awareness – Organized one-day awareness programs to create awareness among rural women on various topics like family budget, medical treatment, importance of education etc. During FY 19, 700+ women participated in these programs.
- Awareness Program for adolescent girls - Gynaecologists & MBBS doctors generate awareness about personal hygiene and other female health aspects. During FY 19, more than 150 girl students were benefitted by the Program.
- Vithoba - Rukmini Temple: The temple is an architectural gem. The magnificent structure is built of sandstone in the Nagar style of architecture with intricate carvings on pillars and walls. The regal temple complex augmented by the beautiful Shivaji Udyan offer the local community a serene getaway.
- Infrastructure Support Program: Provide infrastructure support for construction of village roads
- Water harvesting Programs: Extended financial support for improvement of water harvesting structures in nearby areas
- Constructed 2500 sanitation blocks in last 5 years.