ADITYA BIRLA GROUP CONTRIBUTES RS. 500 CRORES TOWARDS COVID-19 RELIEF MEASURES
- 400 cr. contribution to PM- CARES Fund
- Multi-pronged response to counter the Covid-19 pandemic
For more than a century, the Aditya Birla Group has been deeply engaged in community work. The Covid-19 pandemic presents an unprecedented challenge to the nation. This crisis calls for an even stronger and concerted action from corporate citizens to join the national effort and help the Government in the fight against the pandemic.
"Given the severity of the disruption, there is a compelling need for a multi-pronged response that includes financial and material support, healthcare assistance and community responsibility," says Mrs. Rajashree Birla, Chairperson, Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development.
In this light, the Aditya Birla Group has undertaken the following initiatives:
- Contribution of Rs.400 crores to the PM-CARES Fund.
- Rs.50 crores grant to FICCI-Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence for COVID relief measures.
- To activate a 100-bed Covid-19 facility at Seven Hills Hospital in Mumbai, in partnership with BMC. This initiative is being spearheaded by Mrs. Neerja Birla.
- Earmarked more than 200 beds for Covid-19 patients across locations including Ujjain, Pune, Hazaribagh, Rayagada, Solapur and Kharach.
- Allocated Rs.50 crore towards supply of 1 million N95 masks, 2,80,000 personal protective equipment (PPE), as well as ventilators.
- Commenced production of 1 million triple layer surgical masks and 1 lakh coverall garments with the support of the Textiles Ministry.
- Involved community and self-help groups in home production of lakhs of masks across several locations.
- Continuous and pro-active engagement with local communities and other stakeholders. This includes awareness camps across 200 locations and door-to-door campaign to reinforce prevention message as well as social distancing.
The Aditya Birla Group recognises that no contribution can be too large or small, given the enormity of the pandemic. Every effort counts. The Group will continue to extend whatever support is feasible to help fight the pandemic and restore normalcy.